Wednesday, January 16, 2013

No Bake Cheesecake

I have been really busy lately!

I started classes for spring semester this past week, and outside of doing homework and working, the hubby and I also had some friends over to visit on a couple of different occasions as well. We loved the company, and it's definitely something we'll be doing a lot more of in the future.

It was not my original plan to post a dessert recipe next. I have this fear that my readers are going to think that whatever I post on here are the only things we ever eat, and based on that, it doesn't look like we eat very healthy at all! We actually do eat a lot of vegetables and healthier meals too, and in time I hope to post more of the nutritious recipes on here as well.

The reason I decided to move this next recipe to the fore-front is because I made one of these cheesecakes yesterday and received a compliment from my husband's friend that, "it was the best cheesecake he's ever had" so I decided to post it on here for you guys. My husband also told me it was the best cheesecake he'd ever had the first time I made it for him. And since both of these guys love cheesecake, I feel that that is saying a lot!


Cheesecake
(2) 8-oz packages of softened cream cheese
1 8-oz container of cool whip
1/2 cup of sugar

Crust
1.5 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup of sugar
1/3 of melted margarine/butter

Make your crust by mixing all ingredients for the crust together and pressing the mixture into your pie plate with the back of a fork. After the crust is formed, I usually put it in the fridge to let it harden while making the cheesecake mixture.

With a mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Next, fold in the cool whip (by hand, not by mixer) until it is well blended.

Pour the mixture into the crust and allow it to set in fridge for at least 4 hours, and preferably overnight. Be patient and allow this cheesecake the time it needs to firm. It will not be as tasty if you rush the process. Trust me, it is worth the wait!

This cheesecake has a lighter/fluffier texture than traditional baked cheesecake, but that is why my husband prefers it. He doesn't want a cheesecake made any other way!





2 comments:

  1. I'm also a cheesecake fan. *BG*

    And this one sounds like it would be good. *VBG*

    Hugs. *HG*

    Take care and bye, :)!
    Olga/Maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I have made it a couple of other ways too. I used sweetened condensed milk one time instead of the cool whip, and hubby didn't like that one as much. Let me know if you try out the recipe!

      Delete