Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cream Cheese Sauce for Pasta

A favorite dish of my husband's is chicken fettuccine alfredo with broccoli. He loves to pick out as many broccoli pieces as he can for himself. He calls them "trees", and I'm always lucky to get very many trees for myself unless I add a lot of broccoli to the dish.

Recently, I wanted to make this meal for us but I didn't have any freshly grated Parmesan cheese to make alfredo sauce. I took a chance and used cream cheese instead. I was a little hesitant to do it because I wasn't sure how it would taste, but my husband really liked it (and he is very picky). I thought this sauce had a much richer texture than alfredo sauce, and enjoyed it more than any alfredo sauce I've ever had. Plus, come on, lets face it, how can a recipe that includes cream cheese ever taste bad?

I made the sauce by putting a block of cream cheese in a pan  and adding about 1/2 a cup of milk to it. I stirred and stirred until it became a thick sauce being careful not to let the sauce burn. I also added lots of pepper and some garlic powder for seasoning. Easy peasy!






4 comments:

  1. Sounds really good! We used to call broccoli 'little trees' when we were kids. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they certainly look like little trees! Thank you for being my first comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow but that looks good. *big smile*

    Hugs. *HG*

    Take care and bye, :)!
    Olga/Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, this looks great! I'll definitely keep checking in here, maybe ond day I'll have a go at one of your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete